Vol. 4 Industry Insider Techniques DVD
This instructional sewing video was developed to answer requests from Threads readers for a behind-the-scenes look at how professionals construct fine clothing worthy of designer labels.
Adjust any pattern for a better fit on top. The step-by-step sewing techniques demonstrated in Volume 4 show you how avoid common problems and learn how to:
- adjust any pattern to get a perfectly fitted bodice
- insert sleeves where there were none
- properly proportion sleeves to look and feel good
- finish cuffs with expertly curved edges
Threads Magazine along with nationally recognized sewing expert Louise Cutting demonstrate the timeless techniques and attention to detail that define well-sewn clothing.
This informative video reveals clever designer tips and little-known industry techniques that range from sewing the narrow hem inspired by a top designer.
Now you can see how pros overcome the common problems the home sewer encounters.
Sew smarter with time-saving shortcuts. Your days of disappointing results are over because this video demonstrates garment sewing alterations that can be made right on the pattern, avoiding lost time reworking seams or adding darts later.
Plus, you can finally learn one of the industry's best-kept secrets: the shoulder fitting technique that ensures a comfortable, no-tug fit every time.
1. Pattern Adjustment for a full bust without a dart
2. Pattern Adjustment for a full bust in knits
3. Enlarge or reduce a body circumference
4. Adjust a forward shoulder
5. Place a sleeve in a sleeveless garment
6. Enlarge a sleeve circumference
7. Expand the upper bodice of a pattern
8. Sew a sleeve placket
9. Create a curved cuff edge
Please purchase this DVD from the Threads Magazine Taunton Store